ThunderQuote (wholly owned by Hyron Infotech Pte. Ltd.) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. Data Collection
1.1 In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site procurement.thunderquote.com(“our site”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, for example when you report a problem with our site.
- your IP address;
- any information provided via your browser or our software application when you use or view our Service;
- cookie data;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- any surveys that we use for research purposes which are wholly optional;
- details of transactions and actions you carry out or perform within our site;
- details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
1.2 We retain data for so long as it is necessary. Data will only be archived as long as the purpose for which the data was used still exists.
1.3 We undertake to ensure appropriate security measures to protect all personal data collected and within our possession or control – preventing authorised access, collection, usage or disclosure of such data. However, ThunderQuote disclaims responsibility in the case of security breaches due to neglience of users.
2. Purpose & Usage of Collected Information
2.1 The purposes for which information may be used by us include:
- ensuring that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
- keeping you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, security patches, and system enhancements;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- designing and conducting surveys/questionnaires for profiling/segmentation, statistical analysis, improving and furthering the provision our products and services;
- complying with laws and regulations applicable to us or any of our affiliates in or outside Singapore;
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts and seeking professional advices;
- researching, designing, launching, and operating services or products including features/reports/seminars/events/forums;
- promoting and marketing services and products; or
- purposes directly related or incidental to the above.
2.2 We may use your data in direct marketing based with your consent. In this context, please note that:
- your name, business contact details (including address, contact number, email address, designation, department), products and services information, transaction pattern and behaviour, background data held by us from time to time may be used by us in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be marketed in direct marketing:
- services and products related to our site;
- promotional offers and related services; and
- invitations to events such as seminars/webinars/tele-seminars, conferences, live programs or events.
- We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication or send e-newsletters to you.
3. Transfer/Disclosure Of Information
3.1 We will keep the data we hold confidential but may provide anonymised, non-sensitive and aggregate-level information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
- our affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any);
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside Singapore.
3.2 Any transfer or disclosure of information will ensure an equivalent level of data protection for any personal data.
4. Cookies Policy
4.2 A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
4.3 The cookies we use are essential for enabling us to:
- enable you to log into secure areas of our website;
- recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences;
- record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the information displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
4.5 Our website uses Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Please refer to http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners to find out more about how Google uses data when you use our website and how to control the information sent to Google.
4.6 You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
4.7 Furthermore, you can prevent Google’s collection and processing of data by using the Google Ads Settings page or downloading and installing their browser plug-in (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
5.1 We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the data we collect. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
5.2 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and will not be responsible for any losses resulting from security lapses from the user.
5.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk and you agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security while accessing the internet that is out of our control. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Third Party Websites
6.1 Our website may contain links to other sites (the “Linked Sites”). We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other Linked Sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving our website to read the privacy policies or statements of each Linked Site that collects your personal data. You agree to waive any claim against us with respect to the Linked Sites.
Updated: 5 March 2019